Sunday, January 30, 2011

International Coffee Hour


The meeting was held on Friday, January 29, 2011. I spent nearly two hours in the meeting and it was a wonderful meeting. I met with many people from countries around the world. For example, I met Julia Grimm from the Canadian Studies Center " Organizers of this meeting" and spoke with her for a long time for the economy in Michigan state and if it influenced by the global economic crisis. Then I met with Oliver from Austria the discussion was about the best kind of coffee taste of those species found on the table. I am very surprised when he told me he does not like the American way to prepare coffee and he told me that the way to prepare coffee are very different in Europe. During our conversation Henrik from Sweden joined us and I told him I am very happy to meet people from Sweden. He asked me why? I told him that my favorite team in Saudi Arabia " ALHILAL" has a very good Swedish player his name is Christian Wilhelmsson. However Henrik was very sad because the Swedish national team didn't qualify for the World Cup in South Africa 2010. Accidently that we are the three guys our national teams didn't qualify for the World Cup in South Africa 2010 and we all agreed that the "Plans studied" is the reason for this failure. Actually the meeting was very beautiful and I Identified through it various cultures of the world. finally, if you have a chance, I would definitely recommend to attend next meeting. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful event.
    May you enjoyed and interest and obtained many thing from different cultures
    I hoped to be with you Guys , but I went to the comedic play , maybe in other once
    Nice Post My friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2
    My best player is Christian Wilhelmsson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You wrote a lot. I guess you wrote more than my example. Good job. And it is great that you have got to talk to people at the meeting. I am really sorry to say that Japan went to South Africa... Also, what a nice picture. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hafez, I am so glad that you attended International Coffee Hour. I use to go every week to meet new people and socialize with friends. Actually my profile picture is from International Coffee Hour's Halloween event 2 years ago. It is a great place to learn about the lives of people from other countries, and of course practice your English. I am very happy that you had such a memorable experience and I hope that you can go to International Coffee Hour many more times this semester!

    ReplyDelete