Sunday, March 6, 2011

coffee shop in international center (6).......




I went to the coffee hour on Friday, Feb 25th, 2011. There were a lot of people who came from different parts of the world. Soon I started to talk with a person from India, whose name was Zubin Abraham. He was pursuing the PHD degree of Electrical Engineering.

Our conversation started with the worldwide use of Facebook nowadays, especially in the US, for some students checked their Facebook several times a day. Besides Facebook, Twitter and Pal talk were popular as well. Then I told him that people in the Middle East normally used Hotmail and Messenger to chat with others. I didn’t have a Facebook account until I came to the US.

So, now I was used to check my Facebook frequently in order to keep in touch with my friends. In the end, I went to drink some coffee with Abraham. What a good talk!

(Aziz .F)

1 comment:

  1. There was a research on Facebook. It showed that the amount of time a graduate student spends on Facebook is negatively correlated with their grades. So the more they use Facebook, the lower grades they get. Scary!

    ReplyDelete